Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Re-inventing faux flowers

I am not a big fan of faux flowers, but sometimes you just need that little touch of color and softness that doesn't require picking up flowers at the grocery store every week!

I've had this arrangement for several years, but the orange flower wasn't working for me anymore.  I decided to try spray painting the stems. Why not?  I spray paint everything else.

I started by wrapping the branches in foil so they wouldn't be painted and covered the base with a bag.




After a few coats of spray paint, the orange was still showing thru as a faded pink color.




I really didn't want the pink.




With a small paint brush I added a little white paint to the petals to cover most of the pink.




I also added touches of brown paint for the center of the flower (can't remember the name of that part of the flower?).  And, I touched up the "buds" with a little brown paint.




And here is it's new home, my bedroom dresser.




I'm linking to the following parties:

Thanks for hosting ladies!

3 comments: