Sunday, November 21, 2010

Scrapbooking the last 8 decades

We're headed out of town this week to visit family on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and in Atlanta.  We'll be enjoying Thanksgiving on the Gulf Coast with my family, and then driving to Atlanta to celebrate my mother-in-law's 80th birthday.

We were trying to figure out a way to highlight things that have happened in the past 8 decades to share with my mother-in-law.  Initially, I wanted to do some kind of coffee table book, but we were running short on time (research, figure the layout, order/delivery) so I had to do it the old fashion way....scrapbooking. Although, to be honest, I'm not sure this way was much faster because it took all week, but we did avoid waiting on the delivery piece.

I used to scrapbook when the kids were younger....here's what some of that looked like.




When they got a little older and life got a little busier, it just seemed easier to pull together a digital book of our annual happenings.


And, this is how the scrapbook for my mother-in-law turned out.




 











 


And, of course, pictures through the years.

 
This was an interesting project.  
ALOT has happened in the last 80 years.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MILLIE!

I'm linking to the following parties:

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful memory book:) Hope you enjoy your visit with your family here on the gulf coast and in Atlanta.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great book and that took a lot of work. I don't do scrapbooking, but my daughter has and my stepmother has a whole room that looks like a scrapbooking supply store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful tribute to your Mother-in-law. I am sure it is well deserved and was well received. I can tell there was a lot of thought and work involved here.
    Happy Thanksgiving. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is brilliant! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat project, Petie. I eXpect it will bless the birthday girls' socks off! Happy Thanksgiving and best wishes to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh my goodness, this is amazing! Seriously, wow! That is so beautiful - beats any other kind of present!

    Happy Thanksgiving you and yours!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a beautiful project for your MIL!! You know I'm a fellow scrapper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Petie, you did a wonderful job. No wonder you were underground for the last week before your trip:) Very impressive and inspiring, for sure.

    And, not sure when you changed your header but love it! If you were underground I have been under a rock.

    ReplyDelete