I recently posted here about my new message board at the kitchen desk area.
I had some leftover fabric from the project that I thought
would be great for a valance to soften the kitchen window that
is currently just covered with a woven shade.
I started with just a rod pocket treatment because I was
still trying to figure out how I wanted to finish the hem.
I decided I wanted the "look" of a pleated shade but my sewing expertise is not
quite up for it, so I improvised by folding some pleats in the fabric
and sewing across ALL of them to hold the pleats in place.
The brown ties are made from leftover fabric from a tablecloth from Target.
The tablecloth was bought originally for a drapery project that I posted about here.
Here's a peek at the finished product.
I'm linking to the following party: