Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Master Bedroom

A "Show Us Your Bedrooms" party is going on over at Thrifty Decor Chick, and I'm not one to miss a party so......here's our master bedroom.






The sign below is something I made a few years ago by printing the words on the computer, tracing them on fabric with carbon paper (remember that stuff?), and filling in with black sharpie.





Our sleigh bed is about 20 years old.  





I'm pretending this is where I sit quietly with my morning coffee while the kids get themselves ready for school....not :)






I bought this mirror recently at Home Goods....I'm trying to decide if it's going to stay that color?









Growing up on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and now living near the Oregon Coast, I'm partial to anything beach related.  These prints were another Home Goods purchase a few years ago.






We have a balcony off the master, but unfortunately it doesn't get used very much.




Nap time?





I'm joining the "Show Us Your Bedrooms" party at Thrifty Decor Chick.  
Hope you'll stop by!


Petie

5 comments:

  1. Looks so relaxing and tranquil in there! A real retreat for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bedroom is beautiful. How sweet to have a balcony off your bedroom. It sounds very romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you made that sign above your bed! I am thinking about how I want to do my master! I have a clean new slate! I want beachy, but I have a beautiful print from downtown Charleston. I am plotting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful room! Love the bird statues on your dresser. Theda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a lot about your bedroom. The lovely "nesting" project above, that dynamite wicker chair, and I think I'd leave the mirror as is because it complements everything in the room. Your chair caught my attention immediately. I had stayed one time (as a special gift from my husband) in an amazing high end beach resort along the Juan de Fuca Strait. They had a chair just like yours and I loved it so much (I read in it, wrote in my journal, and even took photos of it).

    ReplyDelete