Thursday, November 1, 2012

A couple of new, EASY, appetizers!

We had friends over for last nights Halloween festivities.  Always a good time!

I like to make finger foods that are easy for friends to help themselves to, so I can enjoy the mingling.






I tried out a couple of new appetizers that are quite tasty and quick and easy to make
 (my favorite kind of appetizers)!


These are pears, cored and sliced, with pancetta, goat cheese, pepper and 
honey drizzled on top (just before serving).  

They're a great combination of sweet and salty.


 

Caprese "kabobs".....basil, mozzarella and tomato skewered on a toothpick with pepper 
and balsalmic vinegar drizzled on top.  

These I usually make with bruschetta, but this is a nice twist.






If you're ever on Pinterest, you've probably seen this....individual veggie cups with Ranch dressing.  
(This way you can double dip as much as you want!)

An added bonus - you just throw away the cups - less dishes to wash!






And, last but not least, PB&J with gummy worms!

A kid favorite :)





I'm joining the following parties:

Petie

2 comments:

  1. the pears with goat cheese look delicious! and the caprese is obviously one of my favorite things in the whole wide world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Petie; my husband peeked at your posts and called me to see the gummy worm pbj sandwiches. Thanks for following and I am following right back. Delicious food.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete