Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Nesting

For me, if there's anything good that comes from an awful stomach bug, it's the nesting sensation I get afterwards.  After laying around for a week, I am ready to clean up and clear out!  So far, I've re-organized and weeded out cabinets and closets, and even removed cabinet doors to try another look in the kitchen.


 Before (with cabinet doors - minus one because I started removing them and then took photo)




 After


 
See those yellow boxes in the cubbies?  

I've been trying to find some kind of storage basket to fill those cubbies as long as we've lived in this house.  They're a "catch-all" for clutter (you can see that in the 1st photo), so I need something to keep the clutter hidden neatly.  

As I was getting groceries at Target, I started paying attention to various box sizes to fit in the cubbies.  I had some criteria - the box contents had to be something our family would eat and  something cheap since I needed 5 of them.  Lucky for my kids, these are ice cream cones!  

More to come on this project later.

 





Re-organizing the new open kitchen cabinets involved shuffling dishes from another 
closet of dishes/entertaining items, seen here and newly organized.





Hanging over the door is a shoe holder that has worked great for my napkin addiction 
collection, toothpicks, skewers, candles, and lots of other entertaining necessities.





And, last but not least, I have some extra storage in the laundry room 
cabinets that got involved in the organization "shuffle".  

These are all my vases/glassware storage.





I'm beginning to think another name for this post might be "hoarding".....yikes! 

Believe it or not, all of this stuff gets used at one time or another.


Petie

No comments:

Post a Comment