Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines for the older kids

I found these large cups at TJ Maxx a couple of weeks ago.  

They have some great inspirational phrases on them....

Be an individual.
Take risks.
Be spontaneous and imaginative.
Have integrity in everything you do.
Make a real difference.
Wake up smiling.
Seize every moment.
Try new things.
Amaze yourself.
Take chances.
Be optimistic.
Embrace change.
Have an open mind.
Be fearless.




I think these are great words of advice for my 12 year old daughter and my 14 year old son. 

They're both huge water drinkers, so I'm hoping they'll wear these cups 
out and some of the advice will rub off!


For Valentine's Day I've filled them with treats 
(always a plus for kids).











And, these cute Valentine cookies caught my eye on Pinterest, so I tried to re-create them.

They are sugar cookies with a melted Jolly Rancher center.







I cheated and used store bought, pre-made, cookie dough.   Using 2 sizes of heart shaped cookie cutters, I cut out the design and removed the center heart.  Just add your Jolly Rancher to the center and bake according to package directions.  Let them cool.







Are you making any surprises for you kids this week for Valentine's Day?


Petie

No comments:

Post a Comment