Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pops of Pink

Not only did my daughter get a new desk over the weekend, but some "pops of pink" in the room too.   Her main request when re-doing her room, back in December, was to incorporate this teal blue color from her bedding.






The blue was done in the walls, the curtains, and many of the accessories.
(There's that newly assembled desk!)






The room was begging for a little pop of pink, similar to that in the bedding.  So, I made a cork board out of an old frame and some cork squares.






I cut the squares with an exacto knife, fit them in the frame, and added the cardboard back that came with the frame.






Next came the fun part.....hot pink spray paint!










And, of course, the hot pink needed to be balanced on the other side of the room, so I tweaked some art work we had hanging.







These prints started out like this (I had previously added the small pink dots on the leaves).  They each have a word on them...inspire, create, and breathe.













More pictures of the room...













 





(I have to admit, the room is a little busy for me, but 12 year old girls like a lot of stuff.)



 














I'm linking to the following parties:


Petie


No comments:

Post a Comment